Flour 115 gms
Butter 100 gms.
Salt A pinch
Water 30 ml.
Apples 600 gms.
Sugar 100 gms.
Cinnamon or vanilla essence Few Drops
Jam (Any) 50 gms.
1. Sieve the flour, add salt, butter and rub it lightly. Keep picking the dough up while rubbing it so the air enters the dough.
2. When the butter gets mixed and the whole mixture retains a sandy texture or a breadcrub like texture add water to it and hold the mixture into a round ball.
3. Keep the dough covered with a wet cloth for 30 minutes .
4. After time is up roll and cut the dough and form it into a bowl like shape and bake at 175° c for 30 – 40 minutes.
5. Remove it from the oven let it cool for 10 minutes before refrigerating it for 15 minutes.
6. Use 300 gms. apple, 50 gms. sugar to make a marmalade, flavour with vanilla or cinnamon.
7. Pour the marmalade in the baked short crust we prepared earlier.
8. Garnish with apple slices and a little sugar.
10. Bake at 230° c until the garnished apples are golden brown.
11. Then remove it from the oven and glaze it with hot jam.