Off late I was looking at some post in Linkedin where the expectations from the employee were:
- Being on time
- Work Ethics
- Body Language
- Being Coach able
- Doing Extra
- Being prepared
While these are the expectancy from an employee. If you do a root cause analysis and maybe the famous six why to find it the answer would zero down on the engagement levels of an employee.
To substantiate it further and since I am personally found of questioning. There is a simple question which comes in mind is how many times did you get delayed for a movie which you wanted to see. Very elementary question is it not still each most of the expected questions answer are addressed.
- Will you be on time – Yes
- Work ethics – Maybe
- Will you put effort in getting the tickets – Yes
- Body Language – Yes
- You will depict high energy levels to the tune of getting many friends to watch the movie
- Passion very high
- Attitude positive as you will make sure that you will see the movie
- You will be willing to learn as much and coach able to suggestion on when to book how to book your ticket
- You will walk that extra step to see the movie even if the theater is away from where you live
- Prepared – Definitely ensuring that you inform your boss, your colleague or even take a leave.
So why does a person exhibit the expected outcome for such a small activity like watching a movie. while the same person has a totally different attitude when it comes to depicting the same in office.
Obvious answer Engaged Employee
This what engagement can do in an office. If you see many traits missing from the employee, then it is definitely a time to reflect on why is the engagement going down!!!
So going back to the topic I shared earlier how to build a successful team. You yourself now need to think what all you should do increase the engagement level. When it comes to solving problems ask what can be done not why.
All the best and cheers…